Monday, February 13, 2012

Playin' a Little Catch Up

Yes, the last time I posted on this blog was more than a year ago. I was a senior in high school and now I'm in the second semester of my freshman year in college. So I suppose I should catch you up on my life quick.

Senior year was great. Complete with lots of ups and downs, lots of learning, and lots of fun. As cliche as that sounds, it's very true. I participated in drumline, where I had the privilege of being captain to a group of really fun kids. I performed with show choir and concert choir. I filled out scholarships and wrote research papers. I did lots of crazy stuff with my best friends. I decided on UNL for my college and Communication studies as my major. And then, I graduated.

Over the summer, I broke my wrist the day after receiving a letter from the UNL marching band letting me know that I had passed first round auditions for the drumline. I was devastated. I spent the rest of the summer in a bright red cast around my arm. Don't worry, I still had fun! My wonderful friends duct taped and plastic wrapped my cast so I could still swim. I got to go watch a Drum Corps International show with my best friend. I went on a fantastic mission trip to Mississippi with my youth group as always. And then, before I knew it, it was time to move into the dorms.

My first semester involved a lot of adjusting to college life. Meeting new people, actually having to study, and living away from home. Fortunately, UNL is only 45 minutes away from home, so I was able to see my friends and family often. I've grown in my faith and am slowly learning more and more that I just need to trust God with my future, no matter how unclear it may seem. The first semester flew by and the second one is flying by as well. Nothing too exciting has happened this semester yet. Just been buried in homework and studying. Yes, I know I'm lame.

So, there's the quick summary of my life since I last posted something. Look for a new blog post to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment